Breaker Resources NL recognises the importance of its people to the success of the Company and is committed to managing its employment relationships based on its values and with the aim of maintaining a strong, multi-skilled and happy workforce that recognises talented people with opportunity, challenge and reward.
The Company is currently recruiting for the following positions to complement the existing team.
- Senior Resource Geologist
- Exploration Geologists
- Field Assistants
Senior Resource Geologist
Breaker is seeking a highly motivated Resource Geologist with extensive open pit and underground mining experience to assist taking the Company into production. The role would suit a team player with a positive approach and good communication skills who is passionate about geology and has a responsible work ethic.
The position is based in the West Perth office with field stints as required. The ideal candidate will need: a BSc degree in Geology (minimum), advanced use of Surpac, strong working knowledge of Leapfrog, at least 10 years’ operational exposure to open pit and underground mining, and a demonstrated record in Resource estimation, block modelling and geostatistics.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Applications for the Senior Resource Geologist position should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Exploration Geologists & Field Assistants
Exploration Geologist and Field Assistant positions are offered on either a casual or contract basis with the potential to move to a permanent full-time role based on performance and Company requirements. Point of hire is either Perth or Kalgoorlie.
Key responsibilities of the roles include:
- Plan, organise and control timely and cost effective surface drilling programs.
- Supervise field assistants and ensure all drill rig and other field activities are carried out in a safe manner and to the required standard.
- Carry out local and regional geological mapping and geochemical sampling programs for target generation and definition.
- Interpret, model and maintain accurate records of all information from current and previous exploration programs. Produce the required reports, plans and sections to Company standard.
- Critically review and continuously improve formative models and target generation techniques as programs proceed.
- Maintain awareness of and contribute to the ongoing development of the Company’s safety management system.
- Regularly discuss with the Exploration Manager exploration progress, geological planning issues, work plans and priorities.
Candidates should have a degree majoring in geology from a recognised tertiary institution and a minimum of 5 years subsequent experience with significant exposure to remote area/greenfields and Archean gold exploration, preferably in the Eastern Goldfields. Computer literacy and familiarity with Surpac, geological databases, ioGas and MapInfo will be favourably regarded. A passion for geology with a positive attitude and good communication skills is essential.
Key responsibilities of the roles include:
- Undertake sampling on RC, aircore and diamond drill rigs as required and update sample data records in excel style databases.
- Undertake clearing of grid lines, drill pads, installation of grids and all associated rehabilitation activities.
- Assist with the running of exploration vehicles and camps.
Candidates should have a high level of fitness required to undertake manual handling work and possess a current WA Drivers Licence (minimum “C” class). A minimum of 5 years experience with significant exposure to remote area/greenfields gold exploration, preferably in the Eastern Goldfields, is desirable. Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, GPS) is necessary and any additional certifications / operator tickets (XRF, forklift, backhoe, loader) will be favourably regarded. A dynamic personality having a passion for working in the bush with a positive attitude and good communication skills is essential. Individuals with a primary production or rural background are also encouraged to apply.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Applications for the Exploration Geologist and Field Assistant positions should be sent to email@example.com